Baked Eggnog Donuts
Makes about 12 donuts
For the donuts:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, at room temperature (Come on guys, you know I did NOT do this. And they were fine)
3/4 cup eggnog, at room temperature (I partially, kind of did this. Still fine.)
1/4 cup applesauce
For the glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp eggnog
Crushed candy canes (or Valentine’s sprinkles), for garnsih
- For the donuts: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and spray 2 donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Add teh egg, eggnog and applesauce and beat until well combined. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag or large resealable plastic baggie. Cut the bottom (or corner), and pip the batter into the wells of the donut pans, filling each about 1/2 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the donuts spring back when lightly touched.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for a few minutes before removing the donuts to cool completely.
- For the glaze: While the donuts are cooling, prepare your glaze. In a small bowl big enough to dip the donuts into, whisk together the powdered sugar and the eggnog. If the glaze is too thick, try adding a splash of milk as the eggnog is thicker than milk. Whisk until desired consistency is reached. Garnish for whatever holiday you are decorating for and enjoy!
Source: Tracey’s Culinary Adventures