Melissa – Lol, I don’t think so. I made it with pasta, I think. Is there any way to make hot sauce a beverage?
Heather – Lol, yes I think so.
Melissa – I want that.
Oh friends, this is our daily life together via texts. We like each other. What, you might be wondering, does cheesy pull apart bread and hot sauce have to do with today’s post? Well, that would be big fat nothing. We’re just random. You can get behind that, right? It appears that you already have gotten behind it, so just embrace it. Love us for who we are.
Alright. To the food. This appetizer we’re bringing you today is one that all the kids are going to love you for. Bring this to your party or family gathering and the kids, as well as adults, will be all about them. Pizza muffins. Although, I don’t really care for that name because the idea of pizza in a muffin sounds gross to me. So what we’ll call these is pizza’s in a muffin tin, since that’s what they’re prepared in. They’re like two-bite pizzas, perfect for easy transport, and they’re even delicious if you have to serve them at room temperature.
Just look at that melty, cheesy goodness. You’re welcome, in advance.
Pizza Muffins (or Pizza Made in a Muffin Tin)
Makes about 16-20
1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup pizza sauce
10-15 pepperonis, cut into quarters
olive oil, for brushing crusts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a mini muffin tin.
- Roll out dough to a rectangle, approximately 18 x 12. Using a knife, cut the rectangle into squares, about 3 x 3.
- Put each square of dough in the mini muffin tin, making sure that each corner of the dough square is sticking out of each muffin cup. Brush each crust with olive oil and bake for 8 minutes, until partially cooked.
- Once crusts are par- baked, put a teaspoon of sauce in each crust and top evenly with cheese and pepperoni (if desired).
- Bake for 5 more minutes and remove from oven once the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature.