You know the one. The go-to that you take to every party or get together. The one everyone heads straight for. Yeah, that one. This is it. At least, it is for us.
We found this recipe when we were trying to come up with appetizers and party food for a baby shower. It was either Bailey’s or Pilot’s, we can’t remember which. But it was years ago that we found this jewel of a dip.
We could have blamed it on the fact that pregnancy makes everything taste 1000x better (or worse), but the fact that everyone devoured this dip the first time we made it. Like gone in seconds.
Since then, we have made this dip for every party, baby shower, and get together that we have thrown or attended. And now we know this is the kind of dip that goes so fast you better pile it high the first time around, because seconds just don’t exist with this in the spread.
So next time you get together with friends, or have a party, or want to eat dip for dinner, make this. And expect to fight for the last scoop.
-Heather and Melissa
1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning (You could use homemade, but we really like the fake stuff)
1 – 16 ounces can refried beans
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounces sour cream
16 ounces salsa
1 small head of lettuce, shredded
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix together about half of the contents of the taco seasoning package with the canned refried beans.
- In different medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and the rest of the taco seasoning until well combined.
- In a large, 9×13 dish, spread out the refried bean mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Next, spread an even layer of cream cheese mixture on top of the beans, being careful not to mix with the beans.
- Spread salsa on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle shredded lettuce on top salsa and then sprinkle shredded cheese on top, to create the final layer.
Source: All Recipes