Are you tired of Halloween themed recipes yet? I hope so, because you won’t find one here this week. Unfortunately, I haven’t had time lately to be creative. This blogging stuff takes a lot more time when the responsibility isn’t shared. Who knew? So to all you bloggers that do it alone, hats off to you! Heather should be getting internet back very soon and then hopefully we can do some holiday themed posts. But until then, I give you whole wheat chocolate chip muffins.
These muffins are a staple around the house and there are almost always some in the freezer to enjoy on a quick morning when there’s no time for a fresh breakfast. When I was thinking of blogging them, I had to check twice to make sure we hadn’t already done it because they’re that popular around here. They have some how slipped through the cracks in the almost year (!) we’ve been sharing recipes with you guys. But lucky you, we’re sharing now!
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar (I used sucanat with good results)
2 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk (any kind)
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or put paper liners in a muffin tin.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add milk. Once mixed, slowly mix in flour until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips .
- Evenly distribute batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a rack and serve warm. Can store in an air tight container or freeze once cooled.
Source: slightly adapted from King Arthur Flour