Cauliflower has always been one of those vegetables we didn’t care about. Us, and every other person who ever bypassed it on a veggie tray. Have you ever noticed that? There is always cauliflower left over on the veggie tray at the end of the party. Always. It tastes like nothing and it looks like brains. It’s appeal is severely lacking. Until now. Now, coupled with Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce (and don’t even think about using any other sauce), it has made a comeback. It has redeemed itself.
We know what you’re thinking, buffalo sauce on cauliflower? That sounds kind of gross. We’re agreed on that point. It does sound gross. There’s not much to say about it. You just need to try it. Crispy cauliflower and so much buffalo sauce. Just get it done and enjoy yourself. And if you have friends that may enjoy this, maybe you double the recipe because it’s easy to get lost in the tray of this stuff. Yum.
-Heather and Melissa
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1 bottle Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1 cup flour (we use whole wheat)
1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour and water together in a shallow bowl until smooth.
- Dip the bite sized pieces of cauliflower into the batter and shake off excess. Place battered cauliflower on prepared cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until batter starts to be crispy.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with buffalo sauce and serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Source: slightly adapted from Clean Green Simple