Like, the fact that yesterday was Shrove Tuesday, which equals eat pancakes all day. We just happened to have made some pancakes recently, so we were ready. But it was luck.
In real life, I only had 1 egg. 1 egg does not a good pancake make. Or so I thought. Until I whipped up a batch of these vegan pancakes. And they were gooood.
I wasn’t sure about their outcome, and the toddler and I were hungry, so I wasn’t planning on photographing these. But then I stacked them up and drizzled them with chocolate syrup and added some whipped cream (and had a bite of my son’s, ya know, to make sure they tasted ok) and it was a thing of beauty. Almost as beautiful as the baby girl in the background. Almost.
So, my real life Shrove Tuesday consisted of these pancakes for breakfast. And everyone was happy about it. They are vegan (kind of). And they are delicious. Anything covered in chocolate syrup and whipped cream and 8 am is alright with me.
And just in cased you’re always late, like me, don’t fret! It’s National Pancake WEEK! Which means you still have several more days of pancake making ahead of you! Hooray for pancakes, a breakfast of champions!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes
⅔ cup white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
⅔ cup oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
up to 1 cup water or non-dairy milk (I used milk here, thus making them only kind of vegan)
¼-½ chocolate chips
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients until desired consistency is reached. You want them thicker than water, but not so thick they don’t pour easily off of a spoon.
- Drop silver dollar sized pancakes and cook until bubbles start to form on the top. Flip and repeat until golden brown.
- Serve warm with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Yum.
Source: Chocolate-Covered Katie